Welcome!

Advertising and branding inspiration from New Zealand and the world. This is where envy and admiration collide.

Pages

5 December 2011

Introducing 12 Days of Advertising


The Background 
A wee while ago I came up with an idea to run 12 Days of Advertising - a blog series that showcases the best of New Zealand advertising in 2011. I thought it would be interesting if I could get 12 New Zealander's with advertising and marketing backgrounds to pick their favorite campaign of 2011 and look into their crystal balls for 2012.  

Nice idea in theory but I've never had a guest post on my blog. I've only been blogging for 6 months so it seemed like a good idea. A few people had mentioned that they enjoyed reading The Envy Collection so that gave me somewhere to start. But I had no idea whether people would want to do it. It took a few weeks before I got the courage to start the process. But as the saying goes nothing ventured, nothing gained.  
I started with an absolute wish list of guest contributors. People I thought were interesting and seemed to share my interest in advertising and social media. All going to plan the series starts this Wednesday and they will run until the 20th of Dec (gulp!). 
I was overwhelmed by the people that have agreed to give up their time and write pieces for my blog. The responses I've had through so far are great and hopefully you enjoy reading through them as much as I have!

For me the most fascinating aspect of putting #12daysofads together was how I know my guest contributors. Of the 12 people who have contributed to the 12 days of advertising, I meet 10 of them on Twitter. I knew only one of the guest contributors prior to starting my blog six months ago. 


Day 1: Julie Roulston (7th December)

It's going to be an interesting 12 days as these all go live (anticipating a few late nights of editing ahead of me too!). Just in case you weren't already super excited for #12daysofads to get started, the first contributor is Julie Roulston (@julznz). Julie is the owner of Profashion, social media manager for New Zealand Fashion Week and the fashion editor and business developer for Ponsonby News (one busy lady!).   

A huge thank you to all 12 contributors - it's been a great way to round out the first six months of blogging. Hopefully I can repay the favor to you one day also!



Let the 12 Days of Advertising begin!

So what do you think? 
Is a 2011 campaign already springing into your mind?


Author Profile: Nicole Williams

Nicole is a self-confessed geek, obsessed with all things brand-related. When deciding on what career to follow she flip-flopped between law and graphic design, only to sign up for marketing (purely because they showed amusing TV ads at orientation!). Thankfully, it turned out to be a perfect fit. After finishing a BCA in Marketing and Commercial Law, she worked her way into the job of Marketing Manager for Mitsubishi Electric products in NZ (after starting a couple years earlier stuffing envelopes). You can find Nicole on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment