Welcome!

Advertising and branding inspiration from New Zealand and the world. This is where envy and admiration collide.

Pages

21 June 2011

Jealous much? Fisher and Paykel Display


The fact of life is that there is always someone bigger than you - in my case it's the appliance manufacturer Fisher & Paykel. 


As much as my staunchly competitive nature hates to admit - they set the bar pretty high with their branding.
F&P Display - 2009 Auckland Homeshow


I know it's sick, but F&P's advertising is one of my guilty little pleasures (even if I'm not a huge product fan). There's a sleek sophisication in their branding that can not be ignored. Lately they've trended towards a black and white/silver colour palette. I'm pretty convinced this is a subconscious tribute to New Zealand national colours (think the All Blacks). With nearly all of their manufacturing based overseas - F&P are desperate to hold onto their title as a New Zealand company and brand. New Zealanders are hugely nationalistic and the belief that they're buying kiwi is a major plus for F&P products.





A couple of weeks ago I attended a large trans-tasman retail expo and had a chance to see the F&P display up close. Housed in a large 40 foot shipping container is a custom built show kitchen featuring the very best in F&P products teamed with top end kitchen cabinetry and gizmos. I couldn't help but be thoroughly impressed - and totally green with envy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment